Bring in unopened, undamaged, unexpired non-perishable food items and get your library fines reduced. All food items collected at OFL during Food for Fines Week will be donated to a local food pantry.Rules:
This food drive will end on November 18th at 5pm. Any food donations brought to the library after that will not be accepted and fines will not be waived. Please bring any food donations to your local food bank/pantry.Food for Fines is the ideal way for patrons to get their library card in good standing and give back to the community!
- Donated non-perishable food items may NOT be opened, damaged or expired– If an item is any of these three, library staff will not accept and that item will not be counted towards waiving library fines.
- For each food item you bring in, $1.00 will be waived from your overdue fees. Maximum waiver per library card: $10.00.
- Only overdue fees will be waived- Fines for lost/damaged items or collection agency fees will NOT be waived.
- Patrons who don't have fines are also encouraged to make donations of non-perishable food items. Credits, though, will NOT be made to those accounts.
- If you wish to have fines waived, you must bring the food items to a library staff member at the front desk during regular hours of operation.
- Patrons who wish to have their fines waived must be present and have their library card or photo ID.
Event Type(s): Family, Adults, Kids, Teens, Special Events
Age Group(s): Family, Adults, Teens, Kids